Monday, February 13, 2012

BKK: Wat Ratchanatdaram Worawihan

I read about this in the pamphlet that we took in the travel fair before we came over to Bangkok. But I didn't give it much a thought as it was like, way out of the route. I didn't even plan to walk over to this part of the metropolitan. But boy, I didn't regret a single bit walking down that major road.

Like I said, Lonely Planet only highlighted a few important temples with beautiful carvings and what not. But it seemed that every single temples in Bangkok has their own stories and characteristics. Wat Ratchanatdaram Worawihan here, apparently has the one and only metal castle (Loha Prasat) left in the world.

It was, of course, built after the designs of similar castles in India and Sri Lanka. But it seemed that the ones over in Southern Asia had been destroyed, leaving this abbot the one and only in the world.

To top it all, there's a Buddha's relics enshrined on top.

Ngor Mi To Fou....

As far as I was concerned, there was only one in Malaysia in Fo Guang Shan, Banting. But it seemed (of course after our entire trips), there are a lot of temples in Thailand enshrining the relics of Buddha and the Arhats.



Just in case you couldn't orientate yourself, like how I was before I mapped it out, just check out the map of my walking route, which I also posted 2 days back. This temple is the first arrow pointing downwards at the word "Ban Bat" in the map. Haha.

0 Jujus: